Why won't my cat eat fish?

He likes things like cereal and crackers that I thought cats dont eat. He wont even eat treats or canned catfood just his dry food. Hes been like this as long as I can remember and hes eight. Just need to know why he wont eat fish?

Asked by Member 1132081 on Sep 23rd 2012 Tagged food in Food & Nutrition

Answers

I have to tell you that my cats don't like fish either, except for the Starkist Tuna in the little "lunch-size" containers. You would think that cats would LOVE fish, but mine don't. If you give him people food, he will want that all the time and won't eat his own food. Don't give him "people food", even if he begs for it. At his age, he should eat what he likes to eat. Delilah, who is about 8, like chicken and turkey, so that's what I feed her. You can't force them to eat what they don't want to. I was shocked, too, that my cats don't like fish other than tuna. But they will eat what they like and you can't change their minds!!