why is my kitten sleeping so much

My kitten is sleeping a lot all of a sudden. She was staying out of our room with the other cats. When she stayed in my room she slept in a bed in a box that we had built for mommy and the other kittens. When the other kittens were gone, we put Missy out to be with the other cats. Now we have taken the box out and left her bed in it's place. Now she wants to sleep all the time. I am concerned, should I be or is this normal? She is 5 months old now. She loves to snuggle with me and I enjoy it but it almost gets annoying when I am trying to do something. She wants to snuggle on me and sleep all the time unless we put her out of the room. Do I have anything to worry about or is she just being lovable?

Asked by Member 516135 on Oct 15th 2007 Tagged kittens, sleeping, sick, health in Health & Safety

Answers

Your kitten is still very young and most likely is going through a growth spurt! So she will be tired for a little while. But you might want to get her checked by a vet just in case.
What food are you currently feeding your cat? Food can greatly effect a cat's energy and well-being. I fed Natasha a balanced raw food diet. It's a natural alternative to cat food and yield fantastic results! You can pawmail me if you'd like more info on how to choose the perfect diet for your cat.

Gabby

Kittens sleep about 19 hours a day...that only leaves 5 hours to play. And they actually grow while they sleep, so that explains why it seems like they grow so fast! TOO many cat naps!

Gabby answered on 10/26/07. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 1 Report this answer