Why is my kitten attached to me ?

I have a kitten , and she is too attached to me , i was the one who found her out in the streets . she bites and scratches everyone else but me . is that why she likes me so much because i found her?

Asked by Member 815229 on Mar 13th 2009 in Behavior & Training

Answers

Belle

Usually cats get more attached to the person who cares for them the most. If you are the one who feeds her and scoops her litter and plays with her, then she will naturally be more attracted to you. Just make sure she has plenty of toys to play with so that she is not constantly acting out to get your attention. If she is playing too rough with other people in your house, spray her with water from a squirt bottle and ignore her so that she can learn that that behavior is not acceptable.

Belle answered on 3/13/09. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Belle is right. You are now your kitten's "mama" and it is up to you to teach her good Feline manners. This, as Belle said, includes accepting the touch and attention of other people. Cats hate to be ignored (they want to be the one doing the ignoring) and just getting up and ignoring her when she starts to get aggressive should work with everyone else. You must also caution people not to play with the kitten with their hands if she bites/scratches. With this kind of kitten, it's better to play with her using a laser light or fishing pole teaser with feathers and such on the end. If she doesn't learn now that it's not acceptable to bite and scratch people when she becomes an adult she will not be a very sociable cat. You can't yell at or hit her as that will only make her worse, but stopping playing with her will get the point across.