Why is my female cat spraying my home and on people?

I have a 1 yr old american bobtail, I was told was a female when I got her 6 months ago, but lately I have noticed what seem to be testicles and she/he (?) has begus spraying my home abd on people (especially my grandaughter and any of her belongings) also she/he has become increasingly harder to keep inside, I have to be very careful when opening the door or she/he will dart out. Can anyone please tell me if this is normal behavior for a female american bobtailm, or if maybe the sex was misidentified or if it could be a health condition that I need to bring to the attention to my vet on our next visit, Thank you .

Asked by Member 1211504 on Feb 6th 2014 in Urine Marking & House Soiling

Answers

Regardless of what gender this cat is, it needs to be neutered or spayed. That will lessen the spraying. Take your cat in for its yearly physical and shots, and then make the appointment for sterilization. Sprayers are usually males or very unhappy females. Young cats can develop urinary issues, so make that vet appointment today! If this cat was outdoors before you adopted it, maybe he's acting out so that he can go back outside. Purebred cats are used to staying inside, so your guy is probably a mix at best. He's old enough to switch to adult food now from kitten food. ^_^