why is my cats eye irritated

it seems that my cat is rubbing his eye a lot and sometimes his eye is closed. it looks irritated

Asked by Member 1032905 on May 5th 2011 in Health & Wellness

Answers

He may either have an eye infection or else he may have injured his eye. Please take him to the vet. If it is an infection it can be cleared up quite easily with antibiotic ointment that the vet will provide. But if he has injured or scratched his eye, you do not want to try to clean it yourself and risk causing more damage.

Dahlia

Eye problems need to be taken seriously. If treated early, they can be easily resolved with relatively cheap antibiotics. If left untreated, they rapidly become much worse. The problem can progress as quickly as 24 hours. Infections of the eyes get bad very fast. They are also very painful to the animal. I've had some vets tell me it feels similar to having glass in the eye. Please get your little one checked over by a vet.

Dahlia answered on 5/7/11. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer