BooBoo

Why is my cat so talkative all the time?

I know most cats meow when they want something, my cat it's all the time every day I give him what he needs and attention and it continues. It's almost like he likes talking to himself. Please help, I've looked up his breed it's rare but it doesn't give much information on that. Thank you!

Asked by BooBoo on Oct 22nd 2012 in Noisiness

Answers

Some cats have more to say than others, and some cats, like some people, just "talk" to hear their own voices. If your cat has been to the vet's recently and checked out, it's doubtful he's trying to tell you there's something going on. I find that on the days that I have company or have the radio/tv on or am on the phone, "noisy" days, my cats are much more vocal, assuming I want THEIR opinions as well as everyone elses. People have written to us and asked why their cat never meows or purrs. As long as the cat is healthy, well-adjusted and socialized, it's honestly just a personality trait of that particular cat. Talk back to him! I have WONDERFUL conversations with my cats!