Why is my cat sleeping all day and night?

I have a 10 week old kitten that used to play all the time and now he's just sleeping all day and night. I know cats sleep like 16 hours a day but I don't think it's normal for him to sleep continuously. I hope here is nothing wrong with him.

Asked by Member 1117049 on Jun 22nd 2012 in Other Health & Wellness

Answers

most kittens are pretty playful and energetic. since this is a change for him, I'd have him checked out by your vet to make sure he's okay.

If this lethargy came on suddenly, there would definitely be cause for alarm and a vet exam is the only way to determine the cause. My cat did this for a couple of days so I took him to the vet. He had an Upper Respiratory Infection. He was given a couple of shots and some antibiotics and is back to his old sweet self now.

www.rabbitrunsandhutches.co.uk

www.chickencoopsoutlet.co.uk

www.dogkennelsoutlet.co.uk

www.dogkennelsoutlet.co.uk