why is my cat pooping in box at times and at times pooping on rug

I keep my 5 year old cat's litter very clean at all times. In the last couple months sometimes she pees and poops and the box and other times she pees in it and poops outside of it on the carpet. I have used several products even urine be gone as well as had the rug professionally clean. Why does she poop on the rug

Asked by Member 1145831 on Dec 18th 2012 Tagged whydoesshesometimespoopinboxandothertimespooponrug in Urine Marking & House Soiling

Answers

She may be stressed about something, perhaps changes in the household or in her routine that you haven't really noticed. She may be physically ill. Whatever is wrong, she should be checked by a vet for medical problems. If she's not ill, the vet can give you some advice about relieving stress and getting her back in the box. You may also need to consult a behaviorist.