Rhea

Why is my cat peeing on my bed!!!!!!

Rhea has been peeing on beds for 2 weeks I don't have any good cleaners but have used 3 different methods 1. spray urine deodorizer that is a year old after soaking up as much as I can and letting it dry, 2. use a home remedy involving dishwashing soap vinegar hydrogen peroxide and baking soda/powder 3. using pet carpet cleaner. All 3 have been unsuccessful I haven't had any problems until my niece left for a week then the urinating started. Plus I changed her litter to a cheaper brand Feline Pine got her to use it with some clay litter and after I stopped with the clay litter she abandoned the litter box. Its really annoying and frustrating I don't punish her or stick he nose in it until tonight where she peed in my bed while I was laying in it!!!!! I smacked her and stuck her in her litter box and banned her from my room. I cant sleep with my door closed and I love my cats I have to schedule her for an appt. to get her checked out but how can I stop it in the mean time its crazy!!!!!

Asked by Rhea on Jul 3rd 2013 in Urine Marking & House Soiling

Best Answer

It sounds like your cat is protesting the new litter system (non-clay). Some us us felines can be very particular to one type of litter once we become accustomed to it. When you bring back the old litter, the new and unwanted behavior should disappear. In the meantime, get a waterproof mattress cover and put it on the bed that is being soiled to save it (unless it is already ruined). Oxi Advantage spray in fresh scent also works for us. ^_^

Panda Bear answered on Jul 4th.

Answers

Fierazul

I have had the same problem when my is angry. I cannot let him inside the bedroom, although I love to sleep with him , because of this type of language he uses to express emotions.

Fierazul answered on 7/6/13. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer