Kito

Why is my cat having nightmares?

My cat has been shaking and kicking like crazy when he sleeps for the past two weeks, and I'm thinking it's because of my boyfriend, but just wanted to hear thoughts. When my boyfriend plays with Kito, he rough plays like he's a dog and chases him around. I don't like it, but he says it's just playing and he needs to man up and learn to not hiss at his owner. Kito runs at me when they're playing, and I know it's because he's scared. He's also started peeing out of nowhere even though he's trained to go to the litter box. Could these be reasons why he's having nightmares, and what can I do to calm him down? Since he sleeps on my pillow at night, when I feel kicks on my head, I pet his fur and he'll calm down for a little bit.

Asked by Kito on Sep 9th 2013 Tagged sleep, nightmares, playing, rough, kicking, shaking in Other Behavior & Training

Answers

Cats will also move around and kick/twitch during REM sleep. You have to set RULES for the boyfriend... or he is not worthy of you. Rule #1 is that cats are not dogs, and he needs to feed your cat treats to try and fix the relationship. The guy may be subconsciously trying to see if you would give up your cat for him. DON'T DO IT!!! The cat will end up being much more loyal than the guy! ^_^