why is my cat grinding her teeth?

My unspayed savannah cat , 1 1/2 years old has started grinding her teeth. When she is in estrus
she grinds alot. When not in estrus its only occaionally.
What could be causing this. She seems to be eating,
playing and acting normal. I haven't seen a vet yet.

Asked by Member 956481 on Mar 15th 2010 Tagged teethgrinding in Illness & Disease

Answers

Obviously your cat is in distress. This appears to be sexual in nature. For the good, of all and especially her, please get her
fixed!! For every one cat, 5,000 cats can come from one being mounted.
She is uncomfortable, in heat and in her dreams she is reliving her unrequited desire for sex. So one could help her out. There are many places that offer, a low discount to spay her. Please do this asap.
Once her genitals aren't on fire, she will then be less to grind her teeth and your shoes! :)

It's probably sexual frustration. Honestly, if you're not a breeder, have her spayed. There are 84,000 reasons why it's good for her and for the cat population in general.

Plus it will ease her frustation and the teeth grinding, which will save you money in dental issues down the road.

I, the Human, have a habit of grinding my teeth. So does my brother. Something genetic going on. You have a enough money to buy a pedigreed cat but don't go to the vet? Obviously, there is something going on there that needs a vet's attention. Go to the vet. And how did you come to own a pedigreed cat without a spay agreement?

Chibi answered on 3/17/10. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer