Why is it when I ask a question, it is refused because someone asked it before?

I keep on getting a message that says "This question has already been asked by someone else." Well, I want to ask it myself. Why can't I? Stupid.

Asked by Member 1062642 on Oct 11th 2011 Tagged duh, stupid in Answers

Answers

Harvey

That's a good question. Probably it's because Catster is still in the developing stages, and not as sophisticated as other sites you may have used. I follow the Answers Board regularly, and I've never seen a question like yours before.

Harvey answered on 10/11/11. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Gypsy

I'm also new to Catster, but I'm guessing there might be some key words in your question that makes it look similar to questions that already have been answered.

When you go into Answers, near the top of the page there is a Search area. Try typing in the important words of your Question, optionally selecting a Category, and clicking the Go button.

I don't know how good their search is, but this may help you find the answer you need.

Good luck.

Gypsy answered on 10/11/11. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer