Why has my cat changed?

She used to be really shy and would never come near me for strokes.

Lately she started to lay next to me and now she actually lies on top of me for strokes. I love it. She's become so affectionate :-)

Asked by Member 1140005 on Nov 10th 2012 in Socialization

Answers

Batfink

You will find that every cat you encounter has a unique personality.
Some kitties, love to sit on your lap, some love you from afar...With gentle eye gestures or body language.
Another thing to bear in mind is that cats , like humans, learn to Trust over long periods of time.
It could be that she has finally let down her barriers to come and be affectionate towards you, or that maybe you have changed,gotten older or more relaxed.
Most of my childhood cats were big floppy lap cats, but a couple of my Mothers cats would avoid me, untill i was about 11, then ,the two of them that would usually avoid me started to trust me ebnough to sit on my lap. My mum told me that she thought it was because i used to fidget soo much, and that scared them off.
Now with cats of my own its a bit different but i adopted a rescue cat 2 years ago and she has only sat with me ONCE in two years....(it was magiiic!)
Its all dependent apon the cat, im glad your kitty has warmed to you! hope you are well

Batfink answered on 11/10/12. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 1 Report this answer