Honey Pie

Why has my cat become more affectionate and more active after his haircut ?

My one and a half year old cat who was recently shaved due to mats and naughts has become more affectionate and more active. I would like to know Why the sudden change in his behavior ?

Asked by Honey Pie on Jan 11th 2014 in Other Behavior & Training

Answers

It is very rare to hear this. It completely shows that there is some behavioural issue with your cat. I think you shoud consult with the vet as only they can resolve this problem.

Buddy

If you're concerned you should definitely have a vet check out your cat, but it actually seems to me like your cat probably was really uncomfortable with its mats and whatnot and it most likely just feeling a lot better now that the problem's solved via the shaving. I mean, definitely don't rule out some health problem or anything, and keep an eye on your cat in case its behavior changes again, but just from what you've described, that's what seems like the most likely case to me.

Buddy answered on 1/11/14. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

I would agree with answer #2 that cats are naturally clean, and it annoys them when they have a bunch of mats that they can't get out. If they have longer hair, this affects the heating and cooling ability of the fur/coat. Hon looks good and probably feels better too. As far as being more active, she is probably responding to your positivity regarding her groom! You might think about doing this a couple of times a year if the effects are beneficial to your pet. Cheers! ^_^

I agree with the last two posters as well. It sounds like the mats and knots were making your cat miserable and now he is happy and thanking you for putting an end to his misery. In the future, keep your kitty brushed. It will prevent the mats and knots - and furballs! My cat loves to be brushed with the "Zoom Groom". It is just like giving your cat a massage. Google it. They are sold in pet stores and on the internet.