Oliver

Why does my kitty drool when he is happy?

When my kitty jumps on me for loves, which is often. He drools! It's kinda gross when he goes to rub my face and his drool runs down my face!

Asked by Oliver on Jan 15th 2014 in Health & Wellness

Answers

This is more of a dog trait, but some cats can do it. It can also be more prevalent in older cats. Have your vet check his mouth and teeth at his next appointment. If he has bad breath as well, it could be a sign of dental decay or periodontal disease. Try Greenies dental chews to help clean his teeth, especially if you feed him any wet food as a part of his diet. ^_^

I think you should consult with your vet as only vet can tell you the exact problem and also resolve this issue.

JOSIEMAE

cats tend to not swallow as often when the are in the throes of petness and it gathers in their mouth and drips out I have had a few to do this and nothng was wrong with their mouth. just like baby hoomans drool wnen the laugh sometimes

JOSIEMAE answered on 2/27/14. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer