Tinkerbell & Jellybean

why does my cat suck on my earlobe?

Tinkerbell has been sucking on my earlobe since her mother went missing i dont have an issue with it i was just wondering why this is? is it a security thing? is she to old to do this? will she grow out of it? the only issue i have with her doing this kind of behavior is that when she needs she scratches my neck Tinkerbell is the only kitten that does this of her litter the rest of the kittens suck on fuzzy blankets

Asked by Tinkerbell & Jellybean on Aug 5th 2011 in Behavior & Training

Best Answer

It is absolutely a security thing. A friend in the animal welfare organization I used to work with had a cat who did the same thing...all her life. Sue's was the only ear the cat did that on. She's using your ear as a mother-substitute. As long as it doesn't bother you or the people around you, it's not harmful. But be aware that cat scratches (especially from outdoor cats) can get infected very quickly. Make sure you wash the scratches with soap and water.

Izadore (Izzie) answered on Aug 5th.

There Are No Other Answers