why does my cat run away when people's faces get too close to her?

i have two cats and they are both female, one has been with us for about a year or so and the other has just reached her two months of living with us. They are both sisters but we got one and waited a year to get the other, now my question is this, my oldest cat loves coming close to faces, she loves giving kisses and she loves to play noseys, why does my newest cat hate coming close to people's faces and every time someone gets close to her face-to-face she either moves away and walks to the other room?

Asked by Member 1073854 on Nov 29th 2011 Tagged cats, faces, love in Fears & Phobias

Answers

Some animals see direct eye contact as a challenge to a fight. If that animal happens to be submissive, it will move away or even run and hide. I am the only one who can do that with Izzie. If anyone else tries it, even my husband, he will run away. Bear in mind that it is not always a good idea to put your face close to any animal as there is no guarantee how it will react, and if a child is present, it is not a good example to set. Let Sis Cat #2 be her own kitty. If she doesn't enjoy someone's face and breath in her face, just accept her differences and individuality!