Why does my cat meow when I sing? She purrs and rolls around and rubs her face on mine when I am singing...what gives?

Asked by Member 770284 on Nov 19th 2008 in Socialization

Answers

At least she's not biting you so I guess your singing is good. LOL She must be enjoying your singing and she's showing you affection in return. I have 4 and each one has her own little weird quirks. I don't think we can ever hope to understand them completely. Being unique and strange is a perfectly normal part of being a cat.

Louie (1996-2013)

My Louie meows right along when I sing, and when I pick him up he's purring like crazy and gives me kisses. I don't think there's anything wrong with your kitty--she might just love the sound of your voice, and music does soothe the savage beast. :-)

Louie (1996-2013) answered on 11/20/08. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Jimmy

As soon as I start singing, my cat Kasper comes to me and starts meowing. I'm glad to hear other cats do the same thing. Originally, I couldn't decide if she hated the singing or liked it, but she acts as though she really likes it!

Jimmy answered on 11/23/08. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Pieci

I don't think theres anything wrong with it at all, my cat loves it when I play the piano. I think your cat enjoys to hear you sing. :) must mean you have a good voice. :) :)

Pieci answered on 11/25/08. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Figaro

When I sing, my boy kitty gets all happy too! I was just singing Christmas Carols around the house and he perks up and starts rubbing his head on things and trys to get as close as he can to me and rubs his head on mine. It's really funny! It's a positive reaction. He'll come running from across the room when I start singing. I wonder why?? I think cats and dogs respond to the sounds of our voices and I think there is something about that they must like...

Figaro answered on 12/19/12. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer