Why Does my cat hate anyone but me?

Asked by Member 1147676 on Jan 2nd 2013 in Behavior & Training

Answers

I really believe that one of the biggest differences between cats and dogs is that cats are more likely to be loyal to one person than a whole family. My Izzie is like that. While Delilah and Lizzie will approach my husband, Izzie wants nothing to do with anyone other than me and my sister-in-law found that out the hard way when she tried to pick him up. About all you can do is accept your cat for who (and what) he is. Caution everyone who come over that trying to approach him or pick him up might be dangerous to their health. Keep little kids away from him, even to the point of putting him in a separate room when they visit. There is nothing "wrong' with your cat unless he actually attacks people. If this is what he does, you need to chat with your vet to find out if there is a health or mental issue with him and in the meantime, always put him in a room when you have company.