CC (Charlie Chaplin)

Why does my cat get hyper everytime he poos in his litter box?

Now this is just a behavior question. My cat will Poo (never when he pees) in his litter box he will run from one end of the room to the other Meowing at the top of his lungs seeming very pleased with himself (he is a VERY vocal cat to begin with). It doesn't bother me. Its funny to see. I've just been wondering if other cats do that too or this is just one of my kitty's quirks?

Asked by CC (Charlie Chaplin) on Sep 8th 2010 Tagged litterbox, hyper, behavior in Noisiness

Answers

Joey

Actually I would be concerned that there is something going on with your kitty's bottom. He may have impacted anal glands and his bowel movement may be painful - this is usually the reason my kitty goes darting out of the box after a poop. It could be nothing but a quirk but if it were my kitty a visit to the vet would be in order just to rule it out. Good luck.

Joey answered on 9/8/10. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 1 Report this answer

Tobias Cupid Alexander

I don't know what could be causing it but one of my own cats has always run like a nut away from the box the minute he has a poo, like he is scared of it or running from his own stink lol

You'd see him come running and just know what he'd been up to, he didn't run that fast even when he was naughty and about to get into trouble.

Tobias Cupid Alexander answered on 9/8/10. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Zazu

My boy kitty does the same thing, I think it is very funny to see him race down the stairs after he poops its a guy thing...he is as healthy as a horse.

Zazu answered on 1/6/11. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 1 Report this answer

Scampi

Yep my boy does exactly the same as though it were a proud achievement, not in anyway distressed.

Scampi answered on 5/17/11. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer