Why does my cat get butt fluffs and try to mate with my pillow?

I have a very hard time understanding this. My calico cat Marble wants to be petted and I'll pet her. Then she purrs and twitches her back. After she will have these butt fluffs are the base of her tail. She will purr loud and hump my fuzzy pillow I have. We have videos and such. She twitches her back and will do this for hours. My cat is fixed and she likes to start suckiling and then she humps. D:

Asked by Member 1145917 on Dec 19th 2012 Tagged hump, pillow, fixed, mating, sex, purr, butt, fluff, back, twitch in Behavior & Training

Answers

Cecilia

She sounds like a happy rambunctious kitty. Sometimes when cats are stimulated through petting their tails will poof up, my cat Cecilia does it. It just means shes happy and it feels good! As far as the humping goes it is a natural instinct and even though she has been fixed it is still part of her nature. As long as you don't mind it, it is not something to worry about. The twitching of the tail and back is a simple sign of hyperactivity. Many cats will exhibit these traits when they are having a period of play.

Cecilia answered on 12/25/12. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer