Why does my cat always follow me from room to room? and stare at me from a distance?

He is always watching me. I play with him often and give him rubs more than once a day. He always has food and water. Whenever he sees my blanket i use when i am watching TV he is quick to jump and find his spot. We nap together too. Also when i am home and he is up in my room he only meows if i am in the house. My roommates say he is quiet when I'm not home. I really want to know about the staring because i want to make sure he is happy and isn't needing anything else, not to mention its a little alarming at times to always have eyes watching.

Asked by Member 1157412 on Feb 28th 2013 Tagged staring in Behavior & Training

Answers

Joey

Okay have you ever had a cat before? He loves you. If he is otherwise healthy and not exhibiting signs of stress, fear, anxiety or depression - chances are he is just highly bonded to you and wants to be with you. If you feel he may need stimulation beyond just his relationship with you - try some interactive toys and some toys he can play with without you. He is probably a happy little kitty. Good luck.

Joey answered on 2/28/13. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Yes, I agree that this cat loves you to death. As the other post said, try giving him toys that he can play with by himself. Try toys that you can hang on the doorknob for him to bat his paws at. Leave toy mice on the floor for him to swat around.