Orange

Why did my cat suddenly wet the bed last night?

My husband and I woke up this morning to find a GIANT wet spot in between us. It had soaked right through both mattress pads and left a pool of urine on the (luckily) water proof mattress cover. We have two cats that are both nine years old, neutered and have never done anything remotely like this before so we're at a loss as to why this happened. The only thing we can think of is one of the cats may have gotten squished badly between us because I have a vague memory of waking up to one of them struggling next to me, but then it stopped and I fell back asleep. I doubt it's a bladder infection because as I've said there have been NO other issues with this, but I will keep an eye on them just in case.

Asked by Orange on May 13th 2010 in Behavior & Training

Answers

♥Sam

That's what Mr D did So the humans took him to the vet and sure enough that's what he had a UTI and he hasn't pee on the bed since. So it maybe worth still checking out. As it was a one off for us too.

♥Sam answered on 5/13/10. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

A trip to the vet is certainly needed. This needs to be investigated more. It could be anything from a UTI to seizures. I once had a cat (who has since passed) that had seizures once a month. I couldn't imagine why she was peeing her bed, and finally one day my husband witnessed her having a seizure on our kitchen floor. She would lose control of her bladder. After the seizure was over, she would eat and drink like a little pig and go to sleep for hours. I certainly hope this isn't the case with your cat, as my cat started having seizures at 5 years. They were of unknown origin, but would happen only once a month. Keep an eye on kitty.