Why did my cat just pee on my boyfriend and me?

He is a little overweight, but I've taken him to the vet and he has no medical problems, he's been neutered since he was 5 or 6 months old, I clean his litter every day, I give him LOTS of love and try to make sure he knows he's loved very much. He's been soley my cat for 5 years, but a year and a half ago my boyfriend and i moved in with each other. Its only been recent that he's been peeing on everything, mostly my boyfriend's clothes, he peed on our bed, and today he sat between us on the couch and managed to pee on the both of us while we were petting him and giving him love. What's the deal? What can I do?

Asked by Member 558152 on Jan 14th 2008 Tagged pee, urination in Urine Marking & House Soiling

Best Answer

Boris

Take him back to the vet. Sometimes they rule out a UTI, but it might be another problem. It might be possible that he has developed incontinence. It happens with much older cats, but being overweight does hasten those problems. Take him to a different vet if yours plays down the problem and does not agree to retest.

*If medical problems are ruled out yet again*, then it might be emotional. Maybe it's not your boyfriend, maybe it's another change that has him freaking out?

Think of anything that has changed within the last 4-6 weeks (Was someone staying with you for a while over the holidays? Did you have any reason to move the furniture around? Did one of you or both leave for more than a week because of the holidays?), and that should give you an idea as to what might be causing him to pee inappropriately.

Good luck.

Boris answered on Jan 14th.

Answers

Sophia Marie

Wow, peeing WHILE you were giving him attention? That really sounds more medical than emotional.

If it were when *you* werent' in the house, or only on clothes that smelled like your BF, etc., then i could understand it, cause i do that to my mommy. I'm jealous of the time she spends with *my* daddy, and mad that there is another cat in the house.

but i've never peed on anyone while they were petting me. that's really strange.

I'd call a 2nd vet for a phone consult, and see if he or she has other ideas. cause that really sounds medical.

Sophia Marie answered on 1/14/08. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer