Why are my male cats all of a sudden going after my kitten?

Hello, I recently got a kitten from one of the litters my female cat had. She is 3 months old and a couple of my male cats starting going after her like mounting her. I read that it could be for dominance but this is the first time I've seen any of them do it and I've been having female cats giving birth to different litters every year and I'm wondering why all of a sudden they would start doing this. Also, they choose to rip the fur out of the back of her neck leaving a deep wound. I cant stand seeing my baby girl in pain and I don't have the money right now to fix them. Any suggestions on what I should do?

Asked by Member 1211224 on Jan 28th 2014 in Aggression

Answers

GET THEM FIXED OR KEEP THEM SEPARATED. If you are not a professional breeder, then why are you adding to the cat overpopulation problem? There are low-cost and free spay and neuter services available for those who qualify. If you do have some $ but choose not to spend it on your animals, then perhaps switching your priorities and owning less animals that you are willing to provide for properly should be on your to do list, while finding good homes for the rest. There is no substitute for proper veterinary care. ^_^