Where can I go to have pictures taken of me and my cats?

Asked by Member 938387 on Jan 14th 2010 in U.S. Southwest

Answers

Sussie Q (pronounced Suzzie Q)

www.petco.com

Sussie Q (pronounced Suzzie Q) answered on 1/14/10. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

This is the first time I've seen this question, and I was very interested in Sussie Q's answer, which I think you should follow. Another more expensive alternative is to go to a cat show (CFA, TICA, etc.--you don't have to have a purebred cat, your cat can be shown in the Household Pet Class) and allow cat photo geniuses like Chanan or Larry Johnson to do photographs--although neither of them seem to do many photos with the owner, I suspect that they would cooperate--but they are not cheap. If I were you, I'd go for Petco. Photographing cats is difficult--you need a specialist. I assume that the Petco people know what they're doing. Check out Chibi and Harvey's photos to see what a professional cat photographer can and cannot do.

Chibi answered on 1/14/10. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Sometimes JC Penny has pet photo days. Worth a phone call if there's one in your area. I took Linus there once. Also PetCo, but my local PetCo doesn't have photography days very often.