Where can I get CORNISH REX CATS in western U.S. (I live on the Oregon coast).

I want to adopt a pair of retired adult Cornish Rex cats, but I don't want to have to go clear across the country to pick them up.

Asked by Member 1158518 on Mar 8th 2013 in Adoption & Rescue

Answers

There are a number of things you can do. I am not familiar with the breed, but if it is fairly rare, don't expect a plethora of them to be available locally. You can surf the 'Net through google by typing in "Cornish Rex" rescues and see if there are any available close-by. You can also visit www.petfinder.com and search for rescued Cornish Rex. There is also a breeder listing at the back of every Cat Fancy magazine. If there are cat shows locally, you can also visit them and seek out the Cornish Rex breeders. The cat fancier's website is www.cafainc.org and they may be able to put you in touch with breeders of Cornish Rex. You can also make your wish known with local shelters and rescues. In this age of financial difficulties, more and more purebred cats and dogs are showing up in shelters. Good luck!