when my cat touches my face or neck with his feet, I get red and have little bumps. I have to run and wash my face.

This is how he shows me "love". No nails touch me, just the pads of his feet.

Asked by Member 1148404 on Jan 5th 2013 Tagged redskin in Health & Wellness

Answers

The same thing happens to me. If Izzie claws me, I'll wind up with an itchy, red scratch. I remember reading once that cats do have something in their claws and saliva that can paralyze little vermin like mice, moles, etc. thereby making them easier to kill. On us, it just makes us break out and itch. Even if he doesn't claw you, if he's been grooming himself, his saliva is on his feet. About all you can do is keep his feet away from your face and if his feet, claws or teeth do come in contact with your skin, do what you are doing now and wash thoroughly. If there's swelling and itching like I get, I use Cortaid on the wound.