Whats wrong with my new kitten? :(

I have a kitten that I just adopted from the local shelter 4 days ago. I took her to the vet 2 days ago to get her feline distemper shot and to get her dewormed.

I know that it takes some time for a new kitten to become acclimated to its surroundings but she seems pretty lazy (specifically since the visit to the vet). she sleeps almost all day and only plays in spurts.
The first day I got her i noticed that her stool was really soft like liquid and I told the vet about it. so he took a stool sample and I think when he stuck that bubble wand like sampler up her but it irritated her anus. Its two days later and its red and swollen and stinky (all butts stink but its noticeably stinky when ever she plops down)

I called the vet today and told them about her anus and they told me to put a little neosporin on it so i bought some and and have yet to see the results (ill give it a few days) her but wasnt like that until we went to the vet and they stuck that wand in it.

Asked by Member 1199429 on Nov 14th 2013 in Health & Safety

Answers

Worms can do that, but the dewormer will help. It is not an overnight fix though, and the wand is in & out. Shots and medicine can make kittens have very stinky and icky poop. The sooner she goes from wet to dry food, the sooner her stools will firm up. How old is this kitten? Try MaxKitten by Nutro, available at the pet store. Start weaning it in to her diet during the course of a week. Within a couple of weeks you should start to see "kickable" poops. ^_^