What's wrong with my cat? She tried to jump up on my bed, but instead she hissed and couldn't get up. She tried to stand

Asked by Member 1197293 on Nov 2nd 2013 in Emergencies & First Aid

Answers

Is she older? Sometimes their joints get tired and it's harder for them to jump as they age. Senior foods have glucosamine and chondroitin in them to help with mobility for aging animals. There also treats and supplements like Cosequin that you can buy for this. I bought my cat cardboard stairs to help with this, except she would not use them when she went blind. If your cat is an adult, sometimes they get annoyed when they misjudge and the hiss shows displeasure, that's all. If the difficulty in moving and jumping or dragging her rear becomes a habit, she could have had a stroke or something is definitely wrong, so make an appointment to bring her in, especially if she can't move well or is not eating or drinking. Meow to the world ^_^