Whats wrong with kitty :(

My cat is 12 y/o and out of the blue almost she started acting very strangly. I've taken her to the vet he said it was an infection and dermatitis. I have given her the medicine but it seems she is only getting worse. Now for the problem. She has very swollen eyes, her energy is almost non-existant, she peed on sons bed(never happened before) and she has sores all over her body. I can't afford vet after vet visit. I personally think it is just maybe her time, My girlfriend refuses to believe this. so if anyone has experienced anything like this before. It's been slowly progressing over the past month. I'm nervous that she may infect the other animals ( 2 dogs one cat). Advice???? need more info ill provide what i can. Thank you so much

Asked by Member 1194260 on Oct 13th 2013 in Senior Pet

Answers

If this happened to your son, wouldn't you take him to see the doctor again; why not your CAT? The cat is suffering, and needs a second opinion from another (different) vet. Get a good recommendation from a friend with a pet, and find a new vet with payment plan options. Sometimes a different doctor can have a completely different perspective that can help your cat. Also, stop using scented floor cleaner, candles, dryer beads, laundry products, etc. Your cat can be allergic to these things and spends a majority of time on the floor, so switching to unscented products can help. She could also be allergic to her flea medicine, so switch brands as there are several good products on the market right now. Finally, switch to a natural food such as Natural Choice grain free in duck... she might have allergies to the fillers in cheaper cat foods. Good luck! ^_^