Rex

What's the trick to get a finiky feline to eat his new diet food?

I was just treated for a blockage & it was suggested I go on a urinary vet diet. Mom gave me a few samples of the Royal Canin s/o wet food & I liked it at first but now I'm giving mom a hard time about eating it. Are there any secrets I shouldn't tell her about how to trick me into eating it?

Asked by Rex on Dec 6th 2012 in Food & Nutrition

Answers

Batfink

Try and introduce your new food gradually instead of presenting it all at one time, for a few days, mix new food with the food you now your kitty will eat, so start at a small percentage and then at every meal gradually move it up untill its just the new food, remember kitties are stubborn but they are not silly and know they need to eat at some point most,(but not all for definate) will come round when they realise that there is nothing else on offer , Rex may not be happy about it and huff for a while, but you are looking after his health.
Hope you are both well

Batfink answered on 12/7/12. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer