Dusty

What would cause my 2 month old kitten to have a bloody stool???

I saw yesterday where my 2 month old kitten had a little blood in his stool, however my parents say it's "nothing important". It's not that they dont care about the kitten...it's just we can't go rushing off to the vet with every little problem they have. Is blood in the stool a REALLY bad thing? What could it possibly mean? Also Im not even sure if it WAS blood, it could've just been the lighting of the room.... Thanks in advance for answering.

Asked by Dusty on Jun 10th 2009 Tagged blood, stool, ok, lighting, feces, poop, pee in Health & Safety

Answers

Harvey

Since you mention your parents, we assume that you are still young. Any abnormality with a pet should get vet attention--if money is a problem, borrow it from your parents and pay it back a bit at a time. When you own a cat or other pet, you are literally the person keeping them alive. It would seem that your parents don't realize that. As for blood in the stool, my Harvey has gastroenterological problems, and does produce the occasional bloody stool. My favorite vet (I have three) told me that the most common cause for bloody stools was the cat having ingested human hair. Don't know if he was right or not, but I would advise you to put the "bloody stool" (while still fresh) in a Baggie and take it and your kitty to the vet. We're hoping and praying here that nothing major is going on--in which case, the vet visit and stool examination should not cause that much money. Hugs and purrs.

Harvey answered on 6/10/09. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 2 Report this answer

Ashley

If he has any more blood in his stool, go see a vet. TAKE YOUR KITTEN TO A VET.

Ashley answered on 6/11/09. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer