what would be the body language of my cat when it would want to use litter box?

0--

Asked by Member 902315 on Jun 2nd 2013 in Behavior & Training

Answers

I never really paid attention to my cat's "body language" when they have to use the box. They all, for the most part, just head into the closet and use the box. My dogs will pace, stand by the door or come up to me and bark, but the cats just disappear for a few moments. Your cat should always have access to at least one box in a private, out of the way area where she won't be disturbed while using it. You should not need to let her into a room to use a box or assist her in any way to use it other than initially showing her where it is and keeping it VERY clean for her.

I agree with Izzie. Your cat should ALWAYS have access to the litterbox. Nobody should have to let the cat in where the litterbox is so they can use it.