what type of grooming would i need for a longhaired cat for a cat show

what type of grooming would i need for a longhaired cat for a cat show i am entering a cat show and dont know how to groom him to make him poofy and soft

Asked by Member 133531 on Feb 27th 2009 Tagged brushgrooming in Professional Grooming

Best Answer

I would recommend Groomers Goop. You work it into the coat dry and rinse out.

www.momsgoop.com

Then I would follow with blue Dawn dishwashing liquid (dilute about 50/50 with water) to draw out more oil/grease and rinse well.

Follow with your preferred cat shampoo and rinse really well. Rinse for a couple minutes after you think you have all the soap out. Any soap inadvertently left will make the coat greasy or clumpy.

I also like a product called Jerob anti-stat conditioning and detangling spray. You only need a couple spritzes on a chamois and wipe the coat down - it will eliminate any static.

www.jerob.net

It will take a little experimenting though to find out what works best for your cat's coat.

Linus (Dreamboat #72a) answered on Feb 27th.

Answers

Harvey

Linus has said it all. The bottom line is that you have to figure out what works for YOUR cat. I have found that Groomer's Goop and the Jerob products work best for my Maine Coons--only problem is that Jerob is not odorless, which bothers both Harvey and me. You have to sort of fiddle around until you find what suits your cat. Every cat is different.

Harvey answered on 2/27/09. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer