What type of cat do I have? Breed?

http:\img517.imageshack.usimg51764961010415.jpg

We got him at a pet store in 2003. Until now, I still don't know his breed.

Asked by Member 990448 on Jun 6th 2010 Tagged whatbreedismycat in Breeds

Answers

Harvey

Well, what you've got there is a grey cat ("blue" in cat show lingo). Pretty handsome, too. If the pet store didn't tell you what breed he was, then chances are he doesn't have a breed. I'm not up on my grey cats, but I can tell you from going to cat shows that he shows no evidence of being all or even part Russian Blue. Russian blues are smallish, fine-boned cats with triangular faces (I've heard that when this breed was being "refined," some interbreeding with Siamese went on, accounting for the slim build and triangular head). Russian Blues are also supposed to have green eyes. Your cat looks more like a Chartreux, but alas, these cats are extremely hard to get and it is highly unlikely that their genes show up with any frequency in the moggy population. My best guess: domestic short hair. And a great-looking dude.

Harvey answered on 6/7/10. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Buddy-Budd da Blue

Well Harvey says it all. If a kit does not have papers it is a good old everyday cat. Now the information on gray cats is very informative, and, breaks my heart, SOB... Meow... I tauht I was a Blue but with my big bones, Sigh... Purrs and Pets to you

Buddy-Budd da Blue answered on 6/7/10. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer