What is wrong with my cat if he is throwing up pink foamy liquid and refusing to eat?

He hasn't eaten in 2 days and he is drinking water. Every time I try to feed him he makes a weird face and refuses to eat. He slept for a long time yesterday and now he is more active. I can't figure out whats wrong with him.

Asked by Member 1034804 on May 24th 2011 Tagged food, sleep, water in Other Health & Wellness

Answers

Please call your vet. Vomiting pink foamy liquid is nothing a pet owner can "figure out" and nothing we could diagnose or help with over the internet even if we were vets. Pink vomit generally means there is blood involved.

The previous poster is correct and you should get him to a vet ASAP. It could be something really serious like he's eaten poison or something sharp or he has a ruptured ulcer. A vet will be able to confirm what the problem is and what treatment he needs

Vet, please! If you threw up pink foam for two days, you'd see the doc, right?