What is this strange pressure point just under their ears, near the neck/jaw?

Two of my cats are brothers, and they both are susceptible to a pressure point just under their ears, near the neck/jaw. All i need to do is touch this sensitive area for them and they go nuts. They will press their jaw firmly into my fingers, the harder they press the more nuts they go, in an enjoyable fashion. Their eyes become 'bug eyed' and and they will generally begin to scratch firmly at their ear. Their body will contort as they try to apply more pressure to my hand and I can feel their muscles tensing with pleasure. The look on their faces is something I could only describe as a 'sex face', or an 'orgasm face'. In all my 36 years of having cats in the house, I can't recall seeing this happen. What is this pressure point exactly?
Their mother has a milder version of what I described, her sons have a very severe (positive) reaction to it. It doesn't hurt them whatsoever, they love it.
I know cats love a scratch under the chin, but this is really something out of the ordinary.

Asked by Member 1157452 on Feb 28th 2013 Tagged pressurepoint, scratch in Scratching

Answers

A pressure point is exactly what it is. Most animals like to have their ears rubbed or scratched. When the insides of their ears itch, they can't stick their fingers into their ears. I would caution you to back off on the hard pressure though. The head and neck are sensitive areas and you don't want to cause any neurological damage accidentally.