What is the best multi-cat litter that will clump to everything it is suppose to not to my cats paw?

I have two male cats that are brothers and possibly a third in the future. One is a short hair tabby and the second is a long hair tabby. The litter seams to clump to the bottom of the long hair tabby's paw. In the past I have had to clean "dirty" litter off of his paws and it was gross. Is clay litter better or crystal litter? Is there any litter that would not cling to fur?

Asked by Member 766116 on Nov 10th 2008 in Pet Products

Answers

Bailey

I have 4 persians and himalayans (all long hair) We use Tidy Cats Multi cat clumping with the red or turquoise lid. I very rarely have an issue with it sticking to my cat's hair and it works really well for odor. I would suggest trying smaller sized containers of the litter until you find something that works best for you. I had more difficulty with the dust levels of other litters since my cats have sensitive eyes. I think clay litter is kind of gross unless you plan to change the box every couple of days. It is less likely to stick to their paws though. The clumping litter is supposed to clump when it gets wet, so it's hard to completely avoid it sticking to wet paws if your cat's potty habits involve stepping where they urinated..

Bailey answered on 11/11/08. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

World's Best Cat Litter! It's made from corn. It is absolutely the best. Once you try it you likely won't want to go back to anything else. You can buy it on-line or in speciality pet stores (I've never seen it at Wal-Mart or grocery stores). It lasts at least twice as long as any other I've ever tried, it is ultralight and super efficient and won't stick to your cat's paws. It's safe too, if they lick it. I should be a sales rep, but I'm just a cheering fan. I have 11 litter boxes in my home and have tried many other products. A friend who has even more cats than I do uses the variety that has a natural scent (not a perfume) in it. It's about $22 for the 17 # bag - a dollar more than than the original formula. I am so sold on World's Best Cat Litter that when people ask what kind of litter to use, I tell them if they don't like it, I'll buy the remaining portion from them! It's safe and I think organic. Good luck!!