Annie

What is the average cost to board 2 cats at a veterinary clinic for about 4 days?

I'll be going out of state for about 4 days and i don't have anyone I can leave my cats with. I thought maybe they could stay home and I just leave them a lot of food and water, but I also have to consider the litter box.

Asked by Annie on Apr 10th 2011 Tagged boarding in Local Spots & Services

Answers

Freckles (1993-2011)

Check at your vet's office to see if any of the vet techs also do pet sitting as that is usally cheaper and less stressful for your cats than boarding at the vets.

The prices really vary around the country and I think where I live is at the high end. To board at the vets costs approx $20 per cat per day ($10-20 more if they need any meds etc) and petsitters cost approx $20 for the 1st cat and $5 per additional cat (including any meds). The petsitting prices are for 2 visits a day and its cheaper for 1 visit which would work fine if you have healthy cats.

I've been really happy with the petsitting services the vet tech did especially when I had my elderly cat as they could keep an eye on her and make sure she stayed healthy while I was gone.

Freckles (1993-2011) answered on 4/10/11. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 1 Report this answer