What is causing my kitten to throw up? Is it the raw?

I have two kittens that I bottle fed since they were two days old. They were born July 28 and I put them on raw food a little over a month ago. They were doing fine with it but now one of them is throwing up a few hours after she eats. I feed ground whole rabbit with supplements (fish oil, vitamin b complex, vitamin e and taurine). I think maybe it was because I gave them fish once while I was waiting on their next shipment of rabbit to come in but, she's still throwing up and I would think it would be out of her system by now. It's been maybe 3 days. I'm pretty concerned about her but I don't want to take her to the vet yet because my vet recommends dry food. I don't want to push it to the point she's not getting nutrition, but I also don't want to take her off the diet yet. Please help! :(

Asked by Member 1199401 on Nov 14th 2013 Tagged rawdiet, vomiting, throwingup in Raw Food

Answers

90% of pets who are fed home-made diets do not get the nutrients that they need, and your vet knows that. If you are not buying a pre-made raw with everything your pet needs added in, then your vet and the study are probably right. You also have to give the right amount of supplements for a baby's size. Consult raw feeders who know what they are doing before you gradually switch to anything. You can also do 1/2 raw and 1/2 natural kitten dry food like Natural Choice. Ensure kitty is getting enough water and not wolfing down the food, if so you can add a portion pacer to the bowl. ^_^

I remember a breeder once telling me that she fed her cats raw meat bought from a cattle rancher nearby and green beans also purchased locally.

I don't think you have a healthy relationship with your vet when you don't see him because he does not respect your take on diet. Maybe you should get a new vet? Your cat could have a more serious problem and this conflict is preventing healing - perhaps.

Sometimes the bloomin' obvious is overlooked. I would wonder if the kitty has a fish bone lodged somewhere, which is causing the ongoing problem?