Dayla

What happens if my cat eats the dog food?

Asked by Dayla on Oct 26th 2007 in Pet Food

Answers

An occasional nibble of dog food shouldn't hurt you. Dogs and cats do have different nutritional requirements though and cats need to eat cat food for adequate nutrition and health.

Periwinkle

well a little bit of dog food won't hurt your cat but different things are in dog food than in cat food for their health so make sure she/he doesn't eat too much.

Periwinkle answered on 10/26/07. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Stripes

Well, I know someone whose cat only eats the dog food and dog eats the cat food, and they seem to be fine. But I wouldn't let my cats eat dog food. For their best nutrician they need cat food. But it shouldn't hurt your cat to eat a little dog food.

Stripes answered on 10/27/07. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

It won't hurt your cat to have little nibbles of dog food, but cats should never eat only dog food.
Cats need the nutrients in cat food to survive (cat food is more rich than dog food).

Darwin

Like the others said, a few nibbles won't cause any damage. But cat food is for cats and dog food is for dogs...

Darwin answered on 10/27/07. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 1 Report this answer