What do you do when your cat will only eat wet food gravy and no meat?

Asked by Member 1014646 on Dec 6th 2010 Tagged food in Food & Nutrition

Answers

Cats can be notoriously finicky eaters. What Izzie and Delilah like one day, they'll turn their noses up at the next. I also feed them Purina One. Some people feed their kitties much more expensive dry like Blue Buffalo, Wellness, etc. It's up to the individual cat owner and their vet's as to what dry to feed. I leave dry food down all the time. Wet food IS meat (or fish) so I'm not sure what you mean. If you are trying to get your kitty to eat raw meat, we do have a forum here on Catster for people who feed their cats a raw diet. Visit them, and they'll be able to tell you more. In the end, you should discuss your cat's diet with his/her vet. They know your cat, it's health and dietary needs and on which diet it will thrive. Always get their approval before switching foods.

My cat only likes wet pate food. If I give her anything that's not pate, all she'll do is lick the gravy & won't eat any of the food. You'll have to experiment with different wet foods to find what your cat likes.

I agree with Twinkle, my cats will not eat any of the "sliced" or "shredded" varieties of canned cat food either. They will only lick off the gravy. My cats do like the pate varieties as well as some of the "ground" varieties. Do some experimenting with different textures and brands, and you will find what your cat likes.

Pandi

Both my cats only lick the gravy.

Pandi answered on 12/6/10. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer