What do I give a 5 month old kitten for constipation?

She has been to the Vet and recieved enemas and stayed overnight for observation. I feed her Fancy Feast can food and purina kitten chow. Don't want to loose this kitten, she is my heart. I have another male cat that is 18months olds and they get along good. I have 3 litter boxes in the house in various locations. She has no trouble urinating. The problem just started 4 days ago. Any suggestions?

Asked by Member 563502 on Jan 27th 2008 Tagged constipation, kittens, health in Other Kittens

Best Answer

Sparkie

you could just try to adapt her diet to include more fibre.... try pumpkin seeds or bran cereals with her food. I think the vet was a little quick to give her an enema as there are plenty of products that could have been tried first! But I guess the vet knows best.......

Sparkie answered on Jan 28th.

Answers

Sophia- In Loving Memory

I'm a little confused....was she at the vet for her constipation? If not she probably needs to go back. Laxadone, which is sold in pet stores, can be added to their food to relieve constipation.

Sophia- In Loving Memory answered on 1/27/08. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

I'm confused also. If she was at the vet for her constipation then they should have given you home-going instructions and medications for her problem. If it's not working then you need to call them and ask them if they want to see her again.