Ruby

What coloration is my kitten?

This is my new kitten who I've named Ruby, and she is about 11 weeks old. :) I was just wondering if she is considered a Calico or a Tortie (I had thought tortie but unsure)....I am having a bit trouble deciding and thought I would get somebody else's opinion instead. Also would you call her short or long hair??

Here are some images (close ups)
i1313.photobucket.com

i1313.photobucket.com

i1313.photobucket.com

Asked by Ruby on Oct 20th 2013 in Breeds

Answers

I just got a tortie kitten too- she is a ball of energy (when not asleep). I would say tortie because with a calico the colors are throughout and come in patches. You can find pictures of calicos on the internet; calicos and torties are usually females. Try MaxCat kitten canned food for extra variety to her diet or as a treat! They are sweeties- congrats! ^_^

Little Skittles

Your kitten is a tortie just like Little Skittles is. Your kitten is going to be long haired when she grows up. A calico has colors in larger patches than a tortie and a calico also has white in its colors. See the pics at www.catster.com for an example of a calico. See Little Skittles profile for examples of a tortie.

Little Skittles answered on 10/24/13. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 1 Report this answer

Mrrphh

Ruby is a Tortie: She has all three colors in her coat.
A Calico has all three colors plus white.

My own two are "lynx-point Tortie" which means that their "points" - face, paws, and tail - are Tabby but the body, neck, legs are all Tortie. Their tummies are 'rufous' (reddish).

What color is Ruby's tummy?

Mrrphh answered on 10/24/13. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 1 Report this answer

Miss Malibu Dancer

Congrads, you are the owner of a beautiful Tortoiseshell. I have been caring for Torties since 1975.There are several sites you can go to see other Torties. Tortie Love is one. Flickr has several photo links of only Torties. Wikipedia is a good link for Torties. Torties are special cats with special myths fables and wise tales about them. One of the funniest traits is Tortie-Tude. They are sassy cats and very vocal. My present Tortie, Malibu will let ya know when she enters a room. You would think she was being tortured by the sounds she lets out. Thought out the years, I have had 11 Torties. Consider yourself blessed by a Tortie.

Miss Malibu Dancer answered on 10/25/13. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 1 Report this answer