Cleopatra

What color category is my Maine Coon cat??

Shes brown, tan, black, white, orange, and little bit of silver in her tail. She also has an M on her forehead. help!

Asked by Cleopatra on Jan 28th 2011 in Pet Page

Answers

gracie tatanka

you will probably find that depending on the season one shading will probably dominate but even then you might not be sure during the summer gracie is a cream tabby but in winter when she gets her full coat on her tummy turns from peach to pale cream and the rest of her coat turns into a silver tabby i know this probably doesnt help you much but thats the way maine coons are if she was a pure bred show cat she would have a fixed coat but the rest of them just like to keep you guessing lol good luck

gracie tatanka answered on 1/28/11. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Lowell

I thought she was a brown tabby and white, but it appears that she is a brown patched tabby and white. If the tabby markings weren't so noticeable on her forehead, she'd be a brown tabby. Patched tabbies have red/orange spots, which according to color genetics is something only only females (and the rare male) can have. "And white" means a white bib/belly and four white feet. She certainly looks like a Maine Coon, but I don't know why you've listed her as an American Bobtail, since she has a full-length tail. Bobtails can occur as spontaneous mutations, but "American Bobtails" are a purebred breed using naturally occurring bobtailed cats as their ancestors. Most Maine Coons in the U.S. are naturally occurring cats, and not the purebred form that was developed from them. As for the "M" on the forehead, that has nothing to do with breed--a tabby cat of any breed will have this mark.

Lowell answered on 1/29/11. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Thumper

I looked at your profile picture and I think that you Maine Coon's main(ish) colour is tan/brown. But that's just my opinion. Try looking at the picture of your cat and guessing what her main colour is. But you don't even have to fill it in on the pet page. If you leave something blank then it just won't show up, if you know what I mean. Good luck!

Thumper answered on 12/20/11. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer