What cat breed is my cat?

I recently got this kitten from my friends cat (His cat had children). I was wondering which breed she was from...Heres a picture of her:

sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net

It may not look like it, but she has orange splotches on her back and she had a white belly. Any ideas on which cat breed she is, whether she's purebred or mix breed would be helpful :D!

Asked by Member 1115783 on Jun 14th 2012 Tagged cat, breed in Breeds

Answers

Oh, My Cats! What a great way to start the day; with an adorable baby pic! Chances are that your baby has a BIG family tree with lots of relatives crouching on the branches. In 'cats-speak', she would be called a "moggie" or a "mutt". Her ears indicate maybe a little Maine Coon, but until she grows up, it's hard to tell. To make certain she grows up healthy and lives a long happy life, get her to a vet as soon as you can. She will need vsccinations and tests for worms, fleas, etc. Eventually she'll need to be spayed. And, can you please speak with your friend about having his cat spayed? There are SOOO many kittens in shelters who will never find homes and have to be euthanized. There are many low-cost spay/neuter programs out there. They aren't hard to find. Good luck with your baby! Join Catster and post some more pics of the cutie!

To add to Izzie's info, mixed breed kitties are classified by the length of their fur. So from the looks of it, your kitten would be a domestic shorthair. And her color and pattern is a brown patched tabby: brown with black stripes (that's the tabby pattern) and patched, because she has patches of orange. She's really adorable.