what can I do to help my girl cat lilly(fixed) get used to my new boy cat tiger(fixed)?

Asked by Member 1073034 on Nov 25th 2011 in Aggression

Answers

The fact that they are both fixed is great. They will be less territorial and aggressive. However, that's not the whole battle. Keep Tiger in a room by himself with food/water/litter box until Lilly starts showing interest in "what's in there". Slowly introduce the two of them, supervised, of course, for short periods. You don't say how old the 2 cats are, but younger cats sometimes accepts each other more easily. Keep other pets and children away during the introduction period. Keep things calm and as stress-free as possible. You can help by using common sense during the introductions, but in the end, it is the cats who will have to work things out for themselves.