what breed is best for me?

i need a furry but not so fury cat that will cover my house in fur. an acitve and caring cat that will live in a house. and a pretty smart mind.

Asked by Member 1099041 on Mar 11th 2012 Tagged anykindofcatthatwillgowiththesethingswillwork, otherthingsthatyouthinkofareananything in Breeds

Answers

You do seem to have an extensive "wish list" for your new friend, and I'm not sure any particular cat would be able to fulfill all those requirements. Izzie is probably my smartest kitty, but he's a Maine Coon Mix and sheds like the devil. There are millions of homeless cats out there and until people realize the importance of spay/neuter, there sadly always will be. I would suggest that you visit shelters in your area and speak with their staff. If the staff tries to "push" any particular cat on you, leave. It should be your decision, with their guidance of course, as to what cat you adopt. They know their animals and can make suggestions about what cat might fit the best in your life. The personality your new cat developes will depend a lot on how you treat it. Be aware that cats can be trained, but only with love and kindness. If you put too many retrictions on your new cat, it will develope a shy and unfriendly personality.

Check out info on Cornish Rex.