What are the symptoms of a cat getting into rat poison or eating a poisoned rodent?

My cat's been acting a little different the last few days just seems uninterested in normal things and almost ignores her surroundings, she still cuddles and wants her loves. She still eats and uses her litter but she's normally very playful and ninja like. She had a cat fight the other night because I found scabs on her left shoulder area. I gave her goat's milk because I heard milk flushes poison if that's the reason and I give her tons of affection in case of depression I'm just worried and would like to have these things resolved before it's too late, if she really is sick.

Asked by Member 1132996 on Sep 27th 2012 in Health & Wellness

Answers

We want to help, but unfortunately, even if we were veterinary professionals, we couldn't possibly diagnose your kitty over a computer. If she had ingested poison, you'd be sure of it. She'd be vomiting with diarrhea and sometimes even seizures. You know your cat, and if you feel something isn't right with her, you need to get her looked at by a vet. If she got into a catfight, she could have other injuries besides scabs on her shoulder, and those scabs might not even be from a fight. Outdoor cats can pick up a lot of stuff out there. If she hasn't been vaccinated or to a vet lately, she's vulnerable to just about all of it, too. If you aren't sure what's wrong, get her into a vet. Most vets will work with you on payments and I've never heard of one who would refuse to treat a sick cat because the owner couldn't pay. Trust your instincts and get her treated. Hope all turns out OK!